Christian chickens

While doing my Bible study today, I was thinking about our chickens. I find it enjoyable to watch them dance around the yard and do well, chicken things. Anyone who has chickens know they have this thing called "pecking order". ..where either by their beautiful chickenness, meanness or other unknown factor they determine who is the top chicken and the cascading levels to the poor mutually bullied bottom one. However, when I come outside, I pay no attention to the pecking order. I truly don't see the chickens as they see themselves. They are just my chickens and I have things I love about each of them; other than the rooster that likes to attack us and is going to find himself headed for chicken soup if he doesn't change his ways.... but that's another story.

There is no Greek, no Jew, no male, no female, no rich, no poor in God's church. He doesn't see us as we see ourselves. He doesn't participate in our pecking order. He formed us in the womb. We are His.
James reminds us: "My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism" & "Have you not created distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil motives" & " If you are showing partiality you are committing sin and convicted by the law as transgressors"

But instead let us love and see others as God sees them
"If however, you are following the royal law according to scripture, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself' you are doing well"

There is no Greek, no Jew, no male, no female, no rich, no poor in God's church. He doesn't see us as we see ourselves. He doesn't participate in our pecking order. He formed us in the womb. We are His. James reminds us: "My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism" & "Have you not created distinctions among yourselves and become judges with evil motives" & " If you are showing partiality you are committing sin and convicted by the law as transgressors" 
But instead let us love and see others as God sees them"If however, you are following the royal law according to scripture, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself' you are doing well"x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I know ......

To Behold Him

In the hands of a Hero