Shaken

Every now and then in life, something comes along that shakes my world and makes me reevaluate everything. I feel I was blindsided by a force beyond anything I could stand against. I was casually catching the updates, cute quips, photos and inspirational links posted by friends on facebook. Then it came from nowhere, not really welcomed and with such power it couldn't be ignored. Chinese-Made Infant Flesh Capsules Seized  The comments regarding the article discussed Chinese cannibalism with pictures of babies cooked and floating in pots. STOP. Let that really sink in for a minute. The nausea and tears wouldn't stop. Days later the pit in the stomach still remains. Oddly enough an article said that countries typically ignore it because they don't want to upset the political ties.   ??!!

I have spent days absentmindedly listening to/ reading about $10 hairbows to match outfits, the newest app, registering kids for sports, the newest TV show or twist and I could go on and on. I have had to fight the urge to say, "Do you know they eat their kids in China?" Now wouldn't that be a conversation killer.

What really matters? What should we as Christians be focused on? I recently read the Hunger Games. I recommend it. Not for entertainment. For a commentary on our society, for discussion and for a reevaluation of who we are. Just how different are we? We are obsessed with fashion, entertainment and ourselves. We have a whole social media based on "look at me". Were those at the capitol any different?  Do we stop to look at what we support when we buy the newest clothing, newest gadget and newest gimmick stamped "made in china".  Our we outraged enough to say anything or do we worry more about upsetting the ties between friends? We worry about the Biggest Loser, the next idol, who is dancing the best or how the series will end on tv more than the neighbor struggling with divorce or paying the bills.

We show more emotion to the guy in the car that cut us off or the the cashier because we are standing too long in a grocery store than the social issues that just make us uncomfortable. We Americans are shallow. We are so blessed and it has lulled us to sleep. Wake Up American Christian!!

My world has been turned upside down. I don't know how it will all be arranged when it settles. I am not saying that we can't enjoy the blessings God's given us. I won't even venture to say what God expects you to do with your  money, blessings, time .... life. Just stop and think, be broken over what breaks God's heart, seek what He finds important. Our world is lost... so utterly lost - sacrificing their children to Molech. Are we helping snatch people from hell? Or our we too busy getting the newest something because last year's model is too outdated - too preoccupied with things that just don't matter. I pray that I come out of this with a new vision for eternity!


We may have found a cure for most evils; but we have found no remedy for the worst of them all, the apathy of human beings.
Helen Keller

Comments

  1. I agree sister. We all need to hear this and really think on this!!! What would our Lord have us do? He sees all this, when He allows us to "know" then what are we doing just ignoring what He reveals? He rocked your world now so is mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I know ......

To Behold Him

In the hands of a Hero