Boycotts

I was pondering boycotts the last few days. Now let me give a heads up first, I am not telling anyone to boycott or not to boycott. So please don't take this as condemnation one way or another. We are under grace and have too many things to worry about without dithering over something so trivial.

Lately, it seems that 1 Corinthians 10 keeps coming up in different studies. It is the chapter on not eating meat sacrificed to idols if it causes a brother to stumble. Throughout the chapter it talks about considering the brother and you don't eat because of love of others. I don't see another reason, actually Paul states that we are under grace TO eat it. We can eat it.

Where were they buying it? A temple ... what kind of temple? A temple to a FALSE God. Where did the money go? To support a false religion. Wow! That thought came as a shock. Paul had no problem spending money there. Why?
1Cr 5:12 For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within {the church?}

1Cr 5:13 But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES.

The world will act like the world. Why are we surprised when they act exactly as the Bible says:


2Ti 3:1 But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.
2Ti 3:2 For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good,
2Ti 3:4 treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,

I will, when given the opportunity, support fellow believers out of a desire to help those I am called to love. I will support those companies that I like their philosophies and that contribute positively to society because it is common sense if you want a company to survive you have to buy from them. I will boycott or not because of a relationship with God and His guidance in my life. But in it all, I will remember that God is sovereign and we live in a fallen world and am called to be a light and love those around me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I know ......

To Behold Him

In the hands of a Hero