Building a Foundation

Home School. A simple phrase that dominates so much in my daily life in both activity and thought. To be successful, all I needed to do was spend 13 years working to make sure my children were at the top of the class of kids a year older than them, athletically well trained and had some knowledge of any subject that could ever be brought up in polite or impolite conversation. Okay maybe not impolite but definitely the bizarre. :o) Watch out Jeopardy here they come!!

Okay, well seriously that might be an overstatement, but how much do I place my success as a parent on how well they are schooled. God knew what I needed!! Some girls that weren't going to cooperate with their training to earning a Nobel Prize. Having graduated one girl and starting at the beginning with another, I can sure see where God has led me.

When did our success become lined up with a worldy view? Have we traded academics for Godliness? The wisdom of man is foolishness to God. Yet we strive for it. Am I not more successful if my kids love God with all their heart, soul and mind? Isn't God pleased with my parenting when my children live as regenerated children of God? If my kids can't read a third grade level, yet surrender their wills to God's desire ... isn't he pleased? Does monopoly teach bribery when you have to pay $50 to each player when you are elected as chairman of the board? Uh, wait a little off topic.

We are refocusing this year with emphasis on Charlotte Mason, Teaching the Trivia and other similar teaching styles. Though I pray my children will progress far beyond a third grade level. I desire most to prepare them for the future God has in store. My goal isn't college. Yet, if college in is His future then so be it. (and He will provide!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I know ......

To Behold Him

In the hands of a Hero