Productive Struggle

As my house clutters itself, the kids are left alone and many things should be attended, I struggle. I used to think it was just a battle of self-discipline that I struggled with. I knew the things I should be doing, but continued to do the things that waste my time with little to show for it. Sounds familiar. For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I {would} like to {do,} but I am doing the very thing I hate.

Maybe if I would just try a little harder, stay a little more focused. Yet, the deeper issue is a battle of flesh. I am self-centered. I like to entertain myself. It is harder to let myself go neglected for the sake of family. Is this what Paul meant when he said women were saved through child-bearing? Is it through a family we learn to die to self? After 5 kids, I would think I would be a little more dead.

Yet, the beast of flesh rages on. I had heard that self-discipline is gained by daily doing the mundane. Finding joy in the trivia of life. I thankfully praise the God that promised He wouldn't quit until He completes a work in me.

I am off to slay a beast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I know ......

To Behold Him

In the hands of a Hero