My dreamiest spot

My daughter and her husband moved out of our small town to about 15 minutes in the country. One of my favorites things about the change is the drive. The back way from our house to hers takes me by my favorite spot. It has hills and you can actually see them. Usually there are so many trees, it is hard to see anything for very far.

I dream of owning a country house out in those hills. I dream of cows, chickens, goats, a horse and a huge garden. I dream of being able to feed my family off the land and getting back to the basics. I dream of it so deeply sometimes, I can feel an ache inside.

I read a quip, probably on facebook, a little while ago that said, "God's gifts are better than man's best dreams!". Isn't that comforting!! I don't know why we don't have that perfect house in my perfect spot. However, I do know that God is sovereign and His love is perfect. He knows so much more than I do.  He knows whether my dream would bring joy or sorrow. He knows whether my dream would build or destroy my character. He knows whether it would bring pleasure or hardship. He is so good!

I can learn to be content in His perfect will.
Hebrews 13:5
Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
1 Timothy 6:8
And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.

Be content. That is an impossible command in our human flesh. However, in God's strength, in His working in my heart, it is not only possible but very probable. I can trust in the perfect Father to provide for me perfectly. If I never see that dream house here on earth, I know I have a mansion over the hill with a Father that owns the cattle on a thousand hills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I know ......

To Behold Him

In the hands of a Hero