Calico Quilt


A poem I wrote awhile ago. But hey, it's my blog, I can put whatever I want here. :o)

The Calico Quilt 

I have memories all fashioned with laughter and cheers 
Bound together tightly with heartache and tears 
Each stitch is so precious 
One of a kind 
Creating a masterpiece.... 
A calico quilt in my mind 

The stitches uneven, the edges are frayed 
Each square is different but don't be dismayed 
It's highly treasured - one of a kind 
Made by many hearts, this Calico Quilt in my mind 

Mismatched squares by small little hearts 
Stained, worn and loved in so many parts 
My children so hastily put each piece in place 
The more that I held them the quicker they raced 
Each precious memory added a square 
Softly I touch the fabric laid there 

Many friends have added some squares of their own 
Their styles are different, but carefully sewn 
Bright flowers and rainbows...Dark Patterns and hues
Each memory woven, tho' not all construed 

Between the squares and framing each side 
Family has sewn many stitches with pride 
Childhood, teen years, mother and wife 
Bright vibrant images dance into life 

The most beautiful artwork in the center is found 
Each stitch is perfect; Carefully bound 
Christ took all my sorrow, my tears and my pain 
Transformed it to fabric with shimmering grain 
With colors so brilliant, it's hard to conceive 
What He did with this quilt, the hour I believed 

Tho' years of creating 
It won't be complete 
Until the day that I lay it 
At my Savior's feet 

But for now I enjoy 
The uneven stitches 
The brilliant rainbows 
The vibrant pictures
It warms my soul 
It is one of a kind 
This mismatched, tattered and loved
Calico quilt in my mind 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I know ......

To Behold Him

In the hands of a Hero