20 years!

My oldest, Portia, turned 20 today. It is incredible to realize it has been this long since I first held her in my arms. Where did the years go?

As I cuddled Benjamin in my arms today and think how far away 20 years seems, I realize it is just a blink. It won't be long until diapers give way to bicycles and bicycles to cars. It sure makes me wish I could hold the days a little tighter.

Happy Birthday my beautiful daughter. May you cherish each moment completely for when it is gone it is gone. 

May I hold my kids a little tighter today, squeeze them and smell their hair, listen to the giggles and nonsensical banter with contentment. May I touch their hands and contemplate their softness and may I read with them, play with them and laugh with them. May we make the memories we will hold on to because that is all I will have left of today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I know ......

To Behold Him

In the hands of a Hero