Oh Christian consider

This has been heavily on my heart the past year. Salvation of the believer.

I spent the majority of my life hearing about "the prayer". Say a prayer and you are saved. Repent and ask Jesus into your heart and He will come. If you question your faith, just remember the day you prayed. If a "believer" is living in sin, he has been wandered from the faith, he is acting carnal or backslidden. Is belief enough to save? Absolutely! However, is our definition of belief Biblical?

Jesus said that you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength! Belief in a Biblical sense takes up every essence of our being. It isn't just the mind from which say a prayer comes from, it is also from the heart and soul from which we follow whole heartedly. It is a complete change! Biblical belief conforms us to His image.. it is every fiber in our being will be sanctified to Him. Our flesh is stripped and our perfect Spirit is released. What a glorious permanent and continuing birth! The spirit is alive and it will grow!


Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

1 John 2:4 The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;


1 John 4:13 By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit

Again and again, the Bible preaches endurance and a sanctification process. Salvation isn't a prayer. It is the redemptive work of the Holy Spirit because of the sacrifice of our glorious Lord Jesus Christ. Just as in the miracle of creation, out of nothing but deadness God creates in us a spirit - alive and regenerated. We were dead!!! Just as the bones in the valley that God breathed over, God breathed on us. We can pray all we want but unless God does a redemptive work in us, it is void.

We will change, we will begin to look like God, walk like God, act like God and love like God. "Be ye holy because I am holy". He who began a good work WILL finish it. Ezekial promises that we will have a heart where the laws of God are written on it. A NEW HEART.
Ezekial 11:19-20 "And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them. And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh,
that they may walk in My statutes and keep My ordinances and do them. Then they will be My people, and I shall be their God.

I am not talking about works. We are saved by grace and it is complete and forever. You cannot lose it. I am talking about evidence of salvation. James said, "Show me your faith without works and I will show you my faith by my works". You will have change and works because you are saved. You don't work to become saved.

How many "Christians" are going to hell? How many will lament on the day of the Lord and cry out as those in Matthew 7 Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS. There are many and they claim to know Him. It breaks my heart. I want to scream the truth. Oh that one may hear and be forever changed!

Oh "Christian" consider please. Look at your life. Is there evidence of salvation? Do you see the fruit of the Spirit growing in your life? Do you love Him, desire Him, seek Him? Do you love the brethren? Are you repentant when you sin? Does He chastise you as a loving Father? Do you know His voice? If not, cry out for God to do a work in your life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I know ......

To Behold Him

In the hands of a Hero